Why am I doing a fall favorites? It’s fall and I have favorites? Absolutely NOTHING was sponsored or provided. Anything was purchased with my money and made the list because I love it and want to share it with you. Fear not for my purchased favor!
Rosalie Contrite Fall Favorites 2016
1. Red hair color. There is something so beautiful about leaves turning brilliant reds and oranges, crunching beneath your boots. Whether you go for a small section or all over, I think red is fitting for fall! I use Loreal HiColor available at beauty supply stores.
2. Essie Angora Cardi. This color is everything! It looks great on all skin tones, and I adore it for fall. Looking good on ALL skintones makes it an extra special winner for me. You will have to look for it quite diligently. It’s sold out everywhere and auctioning on ebay for over $100 a bottle!
3. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Cherry Skies is a blackened red and the perfect seasonal clothing for your smacker. NYX says it’s a longwear color, but it does not dry down like other longwear colors I have tried. This does allow it to be hydrating. I line mine using a darker shade, to create dimension. If you like this formula, the color Vintage is also worth wearing and is less dramatic. It’s not as bold.
4. Fall beckons you to come to the fire and read a good book. Why not improve your mental state? I recommend this book: On the Other Side of Fear by Hallie Lord. She shares with the reader how her relationship with God changed and how she found peace in this anxious and stressful world. Thank you, for sharing your heart Hallie. The book can be readily found on Amazon.
5. When the weather gets colder, my skin dries out and I cannot take daily showers. Dry shampoo is my best friend. I am not a friend of Batiste. I know! How uncool of me? I prefer Not Your Mother’s brand dry shampoo. This allows me to buy a little more time between showers in the dry winter months, without looking hella oily.
6. Speaking of dry skin, I recommend the chrism scented solid lotion bar from the Catholic Balm Co. Three reasons: It smells like a baptised baby, it’s not messy and easy to carry around, and it works! I swear the scent lifts the mind to Godly things! Find at CatholicBalm.co
7. A choker. Nothing creates 90’s nostalgia like a black velvet choker. Indulge your childhood, you milennial, you! I pair mine with a 4-way medal.
8. The Rosary. October is the month of the rosary and it’s a great time to commit to praying even just a decade. I carry it with me and find little moments here and there!
…and that concludes my Fall Favorites! Until next time, offer it up, buttercup!